Choose our experienced, skilled dentist for your root canal procedure
Are you in search of a dentist in Clive, IA who performs the root canal procedure? If so, you’ve come to the right place! At Heritage Creek Dental, Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS performs the root canal procedure with accuracy and precision.
Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS is well-experienced and trained in endodontics procedures, such as root canals. Unlike many other general dentists who refer patients out to a different dentist office, Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS performs the root canal procedure in-house. This means that he is extremely skilled and talented at performing this in-depth endodontics procedure.
What exactly is a root canal, and why would I need one?
The primary purpose of a root canal procedure is to repair or restore your damaged tooth. The damage can be caused by trauma, severe decay, broken or chipped teeth, or fillings. When such extensive damage is done to your tooth, the root canal procedure might be the best solution to fix it.
In order to fully understand the facets of a root canal procedure, you should understand the two parts of your tooth that a root canal involves:
- The root canal is actually the pathway located in your tooth’s center. The canal is responsible for housing the nerve (i.e. the pulp).
- The pulp is the soft area within your tooth’s structure, which is responsible for transporting oxygen and nutrients to your tooth and its root.
Root canal patients experience severe pain when harmful bacteria seeps into the root canal, thus typically causing the pulp to become infected. If the patient does not seek dental help right away, there is a high chance that the pulp can become so severely infected, that the pulp will die.
What happens during a root canal procedure?
Several root canal patients who come to the office are not even sure what a root canal is until our dentist explains it to them. As such, our Clive, IA dentist explains what is involved in a root canal procedure so that you can be well-informed:
- Our dentist will completely numb your problem tooth before the procedure begins.
- Once the tooth is numb, he will remove the pulp and the nerve that is damaged.
- After both are fully and carefully removed, Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS will clean and re-seal the inside of your problem tooth.
- Once he makes sure that everything is clean, he will insert a special filling into the root. This will help to rebuild your tooth’s inner core.
- When all of these steps are finished, our Albia, IA dentist will create and place a temporary crown to seal the top of your tooth. The temporary crown is used until the permanent crown is molded and ready to be placed.
Receive top-notch root canal treatment in Clive, IA or Albia, IA
If you suspect that you might need a root canal to restore your damaged tooth, then let Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS perform the root canal procedure on your problem tooth! You will be very happy to know that there are two convenient office locations: Albia, IA (641-932-2729) or our main office in Clive, IA (515-278-2253).
All you have to do is call either office to schedule your complimentary consultation. After your new patient exam, you will also receive free at-home teeth whitening!
Heritage Creek Dental proudly serves residents living in Urbandale, Des Moines, West Des Moines, Clive, Albia, Waukee, and surrounding areas (50111, 50266, 50312, 50131, 50322, 50323, 50325, 50265, 50263, 50310).