Dentures: Natural-looking Solutions for a Beautiful Smile
There are many solutions nowadays to improve your smile, and to regain full functionality of missing teeth. Whether you are missing one tooth or several teeth, regardless of the reason, you have many restorative dentistry options to choose from, including dentures.
When you choose to get dentures from Heritage Creek Dental, Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS will create fully functioning teeth using any of the three types of dentures offered at our Clive, IA dental office.
Flexible partial dentures
Flexible partial dentures are the first option to fill the void of one or more missing teeth. Partial dentures can be constructed by using either all-acrylic or acrylic-based materials. They have a metal base, which adds to their strength and security.
- “Partials,” as they are most often referred to by patients, are convenient from the patient’s perspective.
- As such, they are easily removed at night so you can sleep easily and comfortably.
- Also, by having the opportunity to remove the partials, you can clean them more easily and effectively, thereby reducing the chances of contracting fungal infections, or other dental diseases.
Rest assured, Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS is experienced and skilled with creating and placing flexible partial dentures, and he can help you decide if they are right for you!
As you can probably already tell by the name, immediate dentures are dentures that are placed the same day!
- With immediate dentures, you have the opportunity to choose the shape and color of your new dentures for a customized, natural-looking smile.
- The tooth extraction process, which occurs first, is relatively painless and quick. Once your teeth are removed by our skilled Clive, IA dentist, your immediate dentures will be securely placed.
- When you choose immediate dentures, you will never walk out of our office without a complete, beautiful smile!
- Immediate dentures require a second, in-office appointment so that we can place your full-set of dentures.
- After this appointment, Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS requires that you come to the office every 3-6 months for re-adjustments, if necessary.
As you can see, immediate dentures are great for patients who want nearly-immediate results when it comes to regaining full functionality of their teeth!
With implant-supported dentures, just as the name portrays, a dental implant is used in order to provide added support to your denture.
- Implant-supported dentures are great for patients who do not want to deal with messy denture adhesives since these dentures won’t fall out or become loose.
- The dental implant will fuse to your existing jaw bone, thereby creating a durable, strong artificial root, which will then hold your denture securely in place.
- The dental implant is natural-looking, and it will last long, too.
Rest assured, Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS is highly skilled and trained to place implant-supported dentures. He is ready to speak with you to determine if implant-supported dentures are right for you.
Which type of denture is right for me?
Just like all other cosmetic, general, and restorative dentistry treatment options, dentures have their pros and cons, too. When you come in for your complimentary consultation appointment, Dr. Clinton Timmerman DDS will discuss your treatment options with you regarding the three types of dentures offered at Heritage Creek Dental.
Based upon your discussion with him, in combination with the specifics of your case, he will use his expertise to determine which type of denture will be best for your scenario. Once this decision is made, you will be well on your way to enjoying the full functionality of your teeth again— now that’s something to look forward to!
Call today for your consultation!
If you are searching for a Clive, IA dentist who offers dentures, you’ve come to the right place! All you have to do to experience unparalleled dentistry is call our convenient main office location in Clive, IA at 515-278-2253, or call our other convenient office location in Albia, IA at 641-932-2729.
When you call for your complimentary consultation about dentures, or any other cosmetic or general dentistry treatment option, you will receive free at-home teeth whitening with your new patient exam.
We are very proud to serve residents of Urbandale, Clive, Albia, Des Moines, West Des Moines, Waukee, and other surrounding areas. This also includes patients who reside in the following zip codes: 50310, 50111, 50266, 50323, 50265, 50322, 50263, 50312, 50131, 50325.