It’s 9:00pm and you’re leaving your son’s baseball game because he just broke his tooth, and he is in excruciating pain. He needs pain relief fast and his tooth fixed right away, but you know that most dental offices are not open at 9:00pm.
Enter, emergency oral care services from Heritage Creek Dental. Dr. Clinton Timmerman wants you to know that your dental pain relief is only a phone call away!
When would you need dentistry in emergency situations?
How do you know whether or not your situation is an emergency, or if you should wait until your next appointment? Well, to help you decipher what your best course of action might be, here are some of the most common dental emergencies (but not limited to):
- Root canals
- Tooth extractions
- Denture repair
- Re-cement for crowns
- Prescriptions for pain relief and antibiotics
- Broken, chipped, cracked teeth
- Knocked out tooth
- Foreign object stuck between your teeth
- Swollen jaw
- Fractured jaw
- Mouth sore
- Severe toothache
- Soft tissue injuries
When you or your loved ones are in pain, we understand that you want and need relief right away. We can help you get that relief effectively and quickly– all you have to do is call us, and we will meet you at the office to fix your problem teeth. If Dr. Timmerman cannot fix any of the above emergencies, he will definitely provide you with the necessary resources to get you relief as soon as possible.
- However, if you are faced with a life-threatening emergency, we highly advise you to immediately dial 911.
- You can also go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
Committed to exceptional dentistry when you need us most
Now you don’t have to let your severe toothache or painful, swollen jaw to ruin your next business meeting.
Dr. Timmerman will help you become pain-free once again so you don’t have to suffer the consequences of putting off your oral care.
At-home oral care tips during emergencies
There are times when, depending on your situation, you can follow a few suggestions to prepare yourself and handle a dental emergency.
- Perhaps you can try some at-home remedies for dental problems, such as taking Tylenol or applying ice packs to alleviate your severe toothache.
- If you or a loved one gets a tooth knocked out, you can either hold the fallen out tooth back in its place during your drive to our office, or you can place the tooth into a cup of water or milk, and come to our office right away.
- In the case of a broken or chipped tooth, you should save the pieces of your tooth, if possible. If you are bleeding, you can apply pressure to the area with gauze pads. Doing this may provide some relief before coming to see us.
Also, you can follow specific tips for emergency dental care for children and teenagers. These are just some of the many actions you can take to find some relief before coming to Heritage Creek Dental– your 24-hour dentist office!
Call us for exceptional, fast emergency oral care!
We know that sometimes dental emergencies don’t occur during our office hours. That’s no problem because we are here to provide you and your family with emergency dental care! In fact, we are happy to offer fast emergency dentistry to Iowa residents living in:
- Des Moines
- West Des Moines
Just remember, in your time of need, Dr. Timmerman is your go-to dentist for emergency care– 24 hours a day!